Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Triathletes

The Boys!

Brandon puking!


Bran biking!

My brother Hyrum and husband Brandon competed in a triathlon yesterday - the Turkey Trot in Orem, UT. It was Brandon's first race ever and Hyrum's second. I was so proud. They both finished in just over an hour and pushed themselves really hard. It was really fun to chear them on. They ran first (5K), the biked (10 mi), then swam (350 meters). It was so cool to see them in each event!

Brandon pushed himself a little too hard and had to take a puke break with only three laps to go in the final swimming event. I couldn't help but laugh, but I felt really bad for him at the same time. After a 5 minute ralphing session, he jumped back in the pool and finished his race. That's my baby! So tough! Loved it! Wish my belly would have let me join in.